10Gbps Full Line Rate, High Precision, High Accuracy Network Emulation
iTrinegy Network Emulator-Xtreme (INE Xtreme) is the world’s first 10 Gbps, full line rate, software-based network emulator that offers unparalleled flexibility and price-performance compared with traditional hardware-based models.
By adopting a combined hardware/software-based approach, INE Xtreme offers flexibility that cannot easily be matched by hardware-only competitors with the ability to implement features in days rather than the many months it takes to redesign and rebuild hardware units. As a result, it is better able to adapt to the constant changes in performance testing demands that occur as 10 Gbps networks become commonplace.
INE Xtreme can precisely replicate 10 Gbps Ethernet and IP-based networks (including IPTV) making it ideal for stressing applications and protocols including those embedded in devices such as cryptographic units, routers & switches in order to expose and thus eliminate their weaknesses.
Typical customers for INE Xtreme include Network Carriers, Network Equipment Manufacturers (NEMs), Banks and any other organizations that need to test cutting-edge, high-speed technologies as it enables you to identify potential failings early in the development cycle and so, reduce the cost of remedial actions.
INE Xtreme capabilities include:
- 10 Gbps full line rate
- Throughput of 14.88 million packets per second (line rate handling 64 byte packets
- Extremely high precision control of injected latencies (sub-µs) i.e. better than 1 millionth of a second
- Very accurate loss algorithms (down to 1 in 264 packets)
- Very accurate Bit Error Rates (BER) - down to 1 in 264 bits
- Precise control of packet reordering—ability to move 1 in x (or with probability) packets forward (ie delayed by) n packets (x parameterised up to 4billion - n up to 4billion)
- Ability to close gaps or maintain gaps on packet loss or reorder resulting in zero accidental packet loss
- Web & Command Line Interfaces
- Latencies up to 180ms* - see below
- Full G.1050 support
- Bandwidth Restriction to 1Kbps i.e. throughput limited to a minimum of 0.000001% of line rate (1Kbps at 10GigE)
- Packet Modification with “find & replace” and “positional replacement” options.
- Creation of multiple profiles— packet selection by packet contents - 8 profiles at 10 Gbps / 48 profiles at 1 Gbps
- IEEE 1588 Support with the ability to change the fields e.g. residence time, within the 1588 frame
Other Network Emulator Products
iTrinegy now offers one of the most comprehensive ranges of network emulation products to help you simulate realistic network environments. Please visit our network emulator products overview page to see what other solutions are available.